Truly (An Introduction)

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Truly (An Introduction)

Post by Truly_An_Cat on Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:53 pm

Whaaaat?! Supercell is like, some of the earliest Vocaloid music! Ryu is someone who made Miku Hatsune popular! He's the one who made classics like "World is Mine" and "Melt" ("black rock shooter", "love is war," this guy is vocaloid)!! He and Deco are very different styles (though both pop-y). 
Ryu writes these gorgeous songs about girls in love, from the girls' POV. Deco writes.... sadder stuff. Like Left Behind City, Two Breath Walking, Mozaik role. I think he did Eye Examination, too, which is kind of a favourite of mine. 

I walk pretty much everywhere. It's about time I got a job though, so I'm going to purchase a bicycle (I have some money saved up) so I can get around. 

I kinda grew out of my medieval fantasy phase. I still dabble here and there (mostly tabletop Roleplaying games), but truth be told, I still don't know what I want to do with my life. So I'm not blowing a bunch of money on something I think I'll dump in a month or four, but I'm also not really doing anything. 

*looks up yuki kajiura*

Boss
Boss

View user profile http://ghostdod.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Itchigotchi on Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:52 am

You seem so surprised at my lack of knowledge! I'm not really er.... up with the times? Didn't I say earlier I don't really follow vocaloid stuff?
I only know about Yuki because a choir asked me to make an acapella arrangement of some of her stuff >w< We sing videogames & anime music (portal/final fantasy/maccross plus/pokemon) and she does a few songs used in anime.
Pokemon songs are surprisingly hard ._. So many accidentals!!

Oh, a job, aye? What sort would you go for? Or do you not really mind as long as it generates money and doesn't destroy your soul in the process?
Or...a more interesting question, what WOULD be a soul destroying job, for you?

Also EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE *celebration of cuteness*
My pink mail order shoes arrived todayyyyyyyyyyyy
Itchigotchi
Boss
Boss

View user profile http://www.soundcloud.com/itchigotchi

Back to top Go down

Post by Truly_An_Cat on Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:02 am

It's... it's not keeping up with the times, this is years old stuff, some of the earliest vocaloid songs. I just think it's weird. 

The hardest kind of job for me would be one I have to arrive on time to. 
Oh, or one where I have to smile and be pleasant to people. 

How do you get a choir to ask you to make arrangements? Hey, remember when you mentioned how awful it is to be doing spiritual, put-the-fear-of-god-into-you, hymnal-type music, all the time? We do it all the time. There's little breaks here and there but I honestly think the director is trying to give us secular stuff that we'll hate so he can make us only do jesus-lovin' songs. Oh, they come in different genres, negro spirituals, George Frideric Handel, more-modern classical songs, but they're all like that. 

...tease.

Boss
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Truly_An_Cat on Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:22 am

I can't remember all of my stupid freaking words. 

In other news, I'm pontificating on a theme that I really like for the main character and game as a whole. To me, it's kind of bittersweet, kind of mysterious, but I also see it having the ability to become kind of really annoying. 
It's still stinging up there in my brain right now, so I don't have a sample for you to listen to.

Boss
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Itchigotchi on Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:41 am

Ooooh pontificating, aye?
Well, on the theme for the main character, there might not actually be many times where she is alone and doesn't have any story-set-scenario influencing the mood of the music. As long as its longer than a minute it shouldn't get annoying (I made the mistake in a RPG I built of having one of the background music tracks be only a minute long, in a huge castle, and it...it was awful... I still hear its stupid repetitive theme to this day T_T)

So basically, anything in the hospitality or retail industry would kill you? Though, granted, some pretty grumpy people do work there, so maybe you DONT actually have to be nice. But you probably do to be considered good at it, or whatever. I can't work in that stuff either.
Arriving on time though? Like, don't you have to do that with all work except like, home based stuff? Probably something you'll have to build a bridge and get over~

Derp so I haven't been internet or music savvy most of my life, shush, I only learnt about vocaloids like, a year or two ago. And in the beginning I didn't really know what it was I honestly thought vocaloid = CD's of miku and had no idea different people wrote songs with her using a program x_x

UGH thats annoying. I mean, it kinda makes sense historically because things were written for people who had money and the church had money so Bobs your uncle, but yeah thats so frustrating if you don't do any NICE modern stuff.
Well, the choir didn't necessarily ASK me to do it, they sorta were like 'oooh, we wish we could sing this song' and after a while I just got annoyed about all the hypothesizing, and bad (yet enthusiastic) pub versions where everyone would only sing the melody, so I figured it out, transcribed it, printed copies and brought it to practice; Forcibly put it in front of them. If you want something done then nobody else is going to bloody do it. I guess I started doing it out of frustration at their shittiness and it caught on?

Of course, I put it on the stands while the director wasn't around =w="
and didn't put my name on it
just in case
Itchigotchi
Boss
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Truly_An_Cat on Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:09 am

No, not pontificating, because it is a funny word that I thought I knew what it meant but 

it doesn't.

Boss
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Itchigotchi on Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:19 am

AHAHAHAaaaaaa x'D

Perhaps you do pontificate though?
Nawwwww, you're not that bad~
Itchigotchi
Boss
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Truly_An_Cat on Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:36 am

That  look that my avatar has 
that's me right now 

this 4 AM everynight stuff is starting to get to me. 

I want to work evenings and nights, I think. Having speedier transport than feet (but more flexible transportation than the bus) will make this easier. 

I hate even speaking to people in barbershops and restaurants. 
Although, maybe it would be easier if if were for my job. Maybe I could be more relaxed about it, like I wouldn't be judged as an individual, only my position. 

I'm only beginning music theory--  I mean, I've had a full year of it now, but the schooling is hardly rigorous. Arranging by ear is nice for one-person projects, maybe even for small collaborations, but I haven't learned how to put sheet music down in a quick, efficient way, that will sound nice, not boring. 
And I probably could have passed the Piano class, if I could awaken myself to get to it. Aaaah, morning. 

I love conducting, don't you? I wish I could have been put in that position. I was never... hmm, I was never the teacher's pet in any of these classes. I'm kind of trying to be a section leader at the school, in the choirs, but it's a position I'm going to have to work to get (or, to make; there is no organization here. We're set up into vocal sections and then led by the director, who, though a very good singer and decent vocal coach, is NOT A DIRECTOR), and then work to keep. 

Other things on my mind: 
Marching Band (since you mentioned being substitute director) 
Chess 
z.

I THOUGHT I HAD POSTED THIS THANK GOODNESS FOR BROWSER BACK-HITTING.
[diet] 
err 
[diet

ijdslodsg damn it

[edit] 
I wrote this back before I sent the PM. Like, lots of minutes before. right after i esdaz;doizg 
right after I posted that last one where i realized pontificating is a word i used incorrectly

Boss
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Itchigotchi on Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:07 am

You're funny
eheheheh
so many keyboard smushes

Maybe you shouldn't stay up till 4am if it turns you so derpy lookin'?

Yeah, I like it, and one day I want to do it, but, I mean, conducting looks kinda scary.
Everyone is watching you (if its a good choir) so then there's pressure to keep even timing with your hands and bring people in at the right beats and know what the music SHOULD sound like by just reading it and be able to signal dynamics and shape the phrases and pick people up when they're doing the rhythms wrong and oh goddd I'm actually kinda terrified of it. //super ramble anxious sentence
Someone made me do it once last semester on the one day I just happened to be dressed as a zombie and....good thing I had bloody makeup all over me because I swear I went so red...maybe they just chose me as a joke or something. 

I'm pretty nervous about it.
But a good conductor can just be amazing, and inspiring, and totally into it and knowing their shit and totally able to signal whatever they want to whichever section. 

*sigh* I think I develop like, musical crushes on people who can conduct well ahahahahaha
I watch them obsessively and feel so proud when they look at me my section

Well, what would being section leader involve, exactly? Knowing everyone there, knowing how they blend, being able to advise them on rhythms and pitch?
The big choir I'm in (200ish), the only thing the section leaders do is take attendance.
The little choir (20ish)....we each have our individual traits, so we don't lead as much as march together.

Sheet music....I am still kinda in the simple stage. Dunno how to do complicated stuff while having it still sound cohesive and good.
Playback functions on sheet music writing programs are my best friend, because I can hardly hear it in my head.

I'm awful at chess.
I mean, I'm just so harsh to people when I crush them into the dust.
=w=

z?
Dragon...ball...z...?
Itchigotchi
Boss
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Truly_An_Cat on Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:16 am

I have to stay up until 4 (it's 4 now) 'cause that's when you're up 
And I'm a stupid kid who doesn't talk to hardly anybody else. 

I don't know about professional condcting, but if you conduct for a group who is learning the music, then you're there learning the music too-- you're just conducting, not singing it. It's a different performance, but aa performance. It's like, all eyes (should) be on you, right? That's the dream. 

in my dream 
i am the star. 
it's me 

Also if you've worked a good deal of time conducting for a group, they already know basically what to do dynamically and cues and everything, so you're just a glorified metronome. 
Section leader, for me, is going to mean "keeping everybody in focus, and on-pitch". I'm no great pitch... guy... but I am adequate, I think. Having someone in your section who takes the stuff seriously and is good-enough can really bring morale up. I'm sure there's a better, more real, more concrete way to explain this but I'm dead rihgiroga now. 

I do way better hearing stuff in my head than on sheet music. I spent most of my life (hopefully, the first 20 is a majority of my life-years) not reading sheet music. 

We will play chess. 

zzzzzzzzzzzz

Boss
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Itchigotchi on Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:24 am

Oh, should I feel special? Or shall I just prescribe you anti social anxiety tablets and sleeping pills?

Thats true, about conducting when a piece is just new, or known very well.
But then, all the crowd can see is my butt!!
Surely my face would be more memorable than the back of my head.
But then again.... the conductor usually gets to speak about the piece to the crowd beforehand... and usually gets mentioned by name on the posters...

Yeah, maybe you misinterpreted. Like, when I look at sheet music, I can't hear what it means.
Its just dots. It only makes a bit more sense once I count, think of intervals and consciously put in effort. Line by line.
Understanding stuff by ear is almost innate, and without music in my head I think I might go a bit nuts.

Woahhhhhhhhhhhh though you only just learnt to read sheet music this year??
Isn't there like, a music component in primary school???

Yeah, sure we'll play.
And I'll get an obvious advantage because you'll be passing out on your keyboard.
Pfffft *flips hair* not worth my tiiiiiime
Itchigotchi
Boss
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Truly_An_Cat on Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:00 pm

Itchigotchi wrote:Woahhhhhhhhhhhh though you only just learnt to read sheet music this year??
Isn't there like, a music component in primary school???
Bahahahaa.

The short answer is, "yes."
The long answer is, "yes, but that doesn't mean they teach you to read sheet music. In fact, the music programs in schools are usually are crap, all the way up until you get to university. It certainly helps a musician to learn to read sheet music during this time, but I never really got the hang of it. I still don't have the hang of it, truly... or maybe I do, but can't sight-read very well.
They have to teach to the lowest skill level in primary, and in... (which one is "metric" high school?) in years 8-12, you're required to take a music class, which mostly means chavs in whichever program they think will be easiest, and resenting it the whole time (much like how many music students resented having to take physical education courses)."

It's much easier to teach students by ear in "music class". Maybe it's different for those taking Band, in primary, but I didn't. Music Class ends up being, "play the drum like this [playing drum], to this cassette recording, ah very good, gold stars all around," and in higher years, 6, 7, 8, watching Musical Theatre and analyzing... something. I don't remember, but I suppose that was a better music class.
Still, no performance.
blah blah blah

Itchigotchi wrote:But then, all the crowd can see is my butt!!
Ah, so this is why you admire "good conductors".

Other things:
I still don't "auralize" sheet music. I did misinterpret, I thought you were referring to composition.
You very well may crush me in chess. I can handle it.

Boss
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Itchigotchi on Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:55 am

I guess I'm biased because my mother decided to teach primary school piano, so we have super basic beginner music books in the house. Not that my mum can actually play piano or knows much music theory, but she was a good /teacher/ to kids so it didn't matter.

Wtf is metric highschool :l I mean, we don't have.middle school, so it's kindergarten,through to year 6 as primary school, then highschool is year 7 to 12. Unless it's some sort of private or swanky school. Idk. I'm a homeschool/public school kid. Gradually increasing from a class of two, to thirty, to 120, to 600.... Lol, slowly getting less rural xD
What was your schooling like?

But compulsory music class in highschool was awful. I got out of most of it by having a bandaged hand and a self signed note. Ha ha, we had to pass a 'drumming test' at some stage and that kit will never recover from the abuse ;_;

That's not what I meant!
Gosh, I'm watching from the hypothetical orchestra or choir or something >·>"

Itchigotchi
Boss
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Truly_An_Cat on Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:17 am

Err... like "metric" highschool because I don't know what they're called except for "primary school" and "uni"

Boss
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Itchigotchi on Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:26 am

Oh, right
I imagined metric schooling would have 100 year levels ;D
Itchigotchi
Boss
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Truly_An_Cat on Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:08 pm

I was in a private, Christian school for 1st-5th, homeschooled for 6th, public schooled for 7th, 8th, and the first term of 9th-- but then we moved (cross country; two whole hours backward), so I spent the rest of my 9th - 12th in cowboyland, and am still there now, I guess, going to Univestiry. Er, "University".

But man, transition between homeschool to public school was the rudest awakening. Prolly cemented a lot of my pessimism. The religious crackpots before didn't help much either-- or, maybe they did, in that it taught me cynicism and scepticism. 

((how did you sign the note if you had a "bandaged hand"? I expect you mean your hand was injured somehow?))

Boss
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Itchigotchi on Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:14 pm

My hand wasn't actually unsuitable for writing or playing music >·>

Whaaaat you did the home school thing too? *insert creepy music here*
Yeah, I got sent to a private religious highschool for a while, but, geez...
I left within a month. If I pay for education then I'd want to enjoy it.
Public school, like, big public schools, yeahhhhh, that's a shock.
Being treated like crap is a good preparation for the adult world though hahaha!

I'm sure highschool had a cynical effect on everyone, to some degree.

What is your family like, anyway? Do you have any siblings?
Itchigotchi
Boss
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Truly_An_Cat on Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:07 pm

Heh, we're all retarded. Aspergers (specifically) and assorted. Not that we all have diagnoses.

I started out in the religious place. didn't know any better.

Boss
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Truly_An_Cat on Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:08 pm

Does that tell you what you need to know?

Boss
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Itchigotchi on Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:19 pm

Er, I more meant like, did you have brothers or sisters while growing up, whether you were the youngest or eldest or an only child or whatnot.
Random family dynamics like that.

Gosh, you speak about personal things so briefly!
If I'm being too nosy just say so~

Yeappp, x'D *punches the air with a fist* hurrah for mental people!
No seriously though, they're way more interesting.
I'm probably biased too because yeah. My family had a wonderful colourful mix of depression, anxiety, post traumatic stress, aspergers, oppositional defiance disorder...
Everyone gets a personality quirk, I guess. They just happen to be common/extreme enough to have medical labels ^^"
Itchigotchi
Boss
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Truly_An_Cat on Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:31 pm

My mum and I are depressed, but it's because of the enviroment-- the place we live is really awful on us.

One sister is largely non-verbal, also Cystic Fibrosis. The other sister is OCD and Asperger's. Brother is just asperger's, I think.

I"m the eldest, then my brother, then my CF sis, then my OCD sis.

I'm not interested in talking about my family. Them and their habits and the effect on the house is what causes the depression.

I was an only child for prolly 8 years.

Boss
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Itchigotchi on Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:38 pm

Right. I apologize for pushing the topic.

How about other triviaaaa~

Favourite animal? plant/flower?
Favourite food? 
I guessing your favourite colour is green...?
Itchigotchi
Boss
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Truly_An_Cat on Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:52 pm

Actually, I hated green for a really long time 'cause my favourite colour was yellow, and I was like "why is there a green crayon as the 4th one?" Because the other three were primary colours, and it's actually really easy to mix yellow and blue crayon for green (easier than mixing other colours!), and you never, NEVER get a different colour, like purple or something. 

And then one day we were at a hotel and the resturant thing had a thing of crayons with only three in them: red, blue, and green. 
I was furious. I mean, not fit-throwing furious, but I vowed to hate green. 

And I still kind of do. But it's what I look best in, so I have to like it some. 

I like grapefruit. I really really like grapefruit, prolly my faveourite fruit. My favourite meal is breakfast. 

Licorice (the root, not the candy) is also excellent. 

QUEEN'S PAWN TO D4.

Boss
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Itchigotchi on Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:05 pm

AHAHAHA
THE WHOLE FORUM IS SO EMPTY
ECHO
Echo
echo
echo

I don't think I've ever tried liquorice root. I only know the flavour from that molasses derived thing.
Grapefruit? LOL I'm allergic to those. All citrus fruits, actually.
I'm such a fragile flower~ teheheh

I used to love sky blue.
But then at some point I decided I hated it... probably a similar story about frustration, and my new favourite colour has been dark red/maroon/garnet ever since.

UR SO KEEN ON CHESS OMIGOSH
I'm going to diiiiieeeee I lied I'm awful at it...
 Castles...er...pawn to er... *looks up chessboard structure* H5?
Itchigotchi
Boss
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Truly_An_Cat on Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:32 pm

Why would you lie about that? That was the clincher for my huge crush on you! 

;__;

Boss
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top