Lets Do Plot Things~

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lets Do Plot Things~

Post by Itchigotchi on Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:32 am

: D

We've got the basic concepts of a few characters now, we can think of how we would have them work together, and scenes that can play out!

01. Getting hired
- Introduce the main character
- Her need for a job
- Introduce the GHOST agency, wherein she gets hired as the secretary
- Meeting the boss
- Meeting workmate 1 (Charlie?)
- Meeting Blondie
- Meeting ghostgirlfriend

02. First day
- Introduce more about the agency and a bit of ghostlore
- Choice about whether to go out in the field or stay in the office?
02.a Going out into the field
- Meet a ghost and watch Blondie try to deal with it
- Ghostgirlfriend shows up again, getting a little annoyed?
- Help the ghost move on
- Talk to blondie more
02.b Staying in the office
- Meet an older ghost and watch Charlie deal with it
- Blondie calls Charlie asking for help
- Help the ghost move on while he's on the phone
- Talk to Charlie a bit more

03. That afternoon
- Talk to the boss about success, re confirm working there
- Ghost girlfriend and blondie are good again
- Choice about whether to head home or go out?
03.a Going out
- Meet Blondie who is out doing a thing?? IDK
- Blondies opinion on Charlie and boss and ggf
03.b Heading home
- Charlie lives the same direction
- Charlies opinion on Blondie and boss and ggf

04. Over the next week
- General office tasks of boredom, how the protag settles in
- Mention of school friend, music festival that weekend
- Choice to go with her, or work that day
04.a Go with her
- Restore the relationship with her
- She asks about the people you work with ooo gossip
- Blondie is at the music festival on a mission WOW SURPRISE DEAD ROCKSTAR GHOST
- Bump into Blondie there, get dragged into doing work stuff
- Freya helps you think of another dead rockstar for the ghost to date
- Success
04.b Go to work
- She gets annoyed at you
- Protag seems gloomy but workmates cheer you up
- Blondie is having trouble with a mission WOW SURPRISE ITS AT THE CONCERT
- Bump into your friend there, drag her into helping you sneak in
- The ghost falls for Freya, who can't see ghosts :l
- Failure

05. School Daze
- Blondie and ggf are having a tiff again, about something from the whole concert scenario
- Charlie needs you to go with him on a mission to the school WOW DEAD SCHOOLGIRL
- ... blank asdygihvfofi
Itchigotchi
Boss
Boss

View user profile http://www.soundcloud.com/itchigotchi

Back to top Go down

Re: Lets Do Plot Things~

Post by Truly_An_Cat on Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:34 pm

Please don' say "School Daze"... that pun has been used more than people legitimately using the phrase "school days

Also, wat do u meen "failure"?

Boss
Boss

View user profile http://ghostdod.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Itchigotchi on Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:12 pm

Hehh
Okay scribble out that.chapter title where I ran put of ideas
It was mainly because I wanted to put enriku s ghost girl idea in the outline.

Well, successful mission appeases the spirit, while failure means they'll have to deal with it later because it didn't find a partner?
Perhaps both streams should have a resolution instead of leaving one hanging like that :/ seems like it could lead to plotholes in future story arcs...
How shall we appease the rockstar ghost?
Itchigotchi
Boss
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Truly_An_Cat on Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:43 pm

groupies.

Boss
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Itchigotchi on Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:11 pm

Hahaha
Of course!
How could I have been so blind xD
Itchigotchi
Boss
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister Broadcast on Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:15 pm

So what is the style of the game going to be like? Kind of like My Candy Love thing? Or a side scrolling dating sim thing? (Still can't get the game to work so I can't use it to get an idea of what's going on right now)

What's the overall theme to it? Like, starting at point A and the end of the game is point B with the dating and match making as a episode by episode thing?

(Sorry if I ask a lot of questions, just trying to get caught up to where everyone else is)
Sinister Broadcast
Shade

View user profile http://sinister-broadcast.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Itchigotchi on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:02 pm

So, it's going to be a little different to mcl in the way that
A) there won't be the random walking around through different screens trying to bump into someone, the story will flow and automatically change scenes
B) there is no love-O-metre with the romantic interests, simply a hidden count of your decisions which influences the story track for the second half (dating or dying)
C) some of the characters are already in relationships with each Other, or may pair up depending on the different endings, not simply all existing as singles.

Each choice can have two or three clickable options, no more (my programming constraints).
In the beginning, these choices will end up rejoining the main storyline.
In the second half we intend to separate the storylines, and have a few more choices which diverge, ending with 4 to 8 different outcomes overall.

I hope that makes sense @_@
Itchigotchi
Boss
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister Broadcast on Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:53 am

So, basically, it'll be like a choose your own ending game, only visual rather then text based.

Alright, so you have the first little bit of the game play down, so I guess we just need to focus on doing the skeleton for that right now. Normally, games like this have an overall plot, so it might be a good idea to figure that out so that we can steer the story in the right direct, that way everything has a purpose and doesn't seem totally random and off topic.
Sinister Broadcast
Shade

Back to top Go down

Post by Itchigotchi on Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:15 am

Yeah, I guess thats a good way of putting it.

Everything should have a purpose, I agree.
I've never been great at writing complications though- the stories I've written seem to grab stuff thats already happened and weave it into meaning as time goes by. Uh. But that technique doesn't work well for skeletons .___.

So, do we need to figure out more plotline details for the first half?
Like, do we need to outline plots to explain what the point is of the random missions and stuff?
I'm thinking, one of the plotlines, you spend more time with Charlie and ghostgirl, so you get to see them having tiffs over things. These get intense enough to a point, and you know them well enough to have the option to step in- and if you do not make the choices to console one or the other, the girlfriend will turn gloomyghost and charlie will suffer.
I'm not really sure what a gloomyghost scene is going to be like though.

Not sure whether 'turned' ghosts are going to be something people have to talk through (the threat is emotional) or, whether the threat is physical (like a boss battle)
Itchigotchi
Boss
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister Broadcast on Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:36 am

Yeah, sorry if my approach seems a little strange. I'm used to the way we were taught to plan out stories in my Writer's Craft class, we always planned everything out. If you want, I could put up a story plotter and we can see if it'll help out any in getting a good feel for the whole thing.
Sinister Broadcast
Shade

Back to top Go down

Post by Truly_An_Cat on Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:36 am

I like the idea of a boss battle.
I also like the idea of there being widespread general despair -- these need not be mutually exclusive. It is possible for both of these to occur at once, or for each to occur in different arcs/endings.  

Now, the way I imagine it, it's less whether or not you get involved in the relationship, and more which side you take after you do get involved.

Blondie and GhostGirlFriend's relationship is failing. You either take his side in the argument, tell him he doesn't need to be with her, he can do better, he should do what he wants, and exacerbate GGF's condition to the point of monsterdom (boss battle style). Or you can take her side in the argument, tell him he really should be a better boyfriend, etc-- and end up leaving him despondent (which surely has an effect on GGF: she may feel depression, guilt, or even anger at Protagonist, if she blames her for putting Blondie in his state).

But I hadn't even considered the branch where Protag doesn't even get involved in their stuff. I guess the branch(es) where she doesn't meddle is the branch(es) where she learns more about Charlie. Although, what's the story on that side?

And throughout, Itchi wants us to deal with some ghost-dating, I think-- which was the setup originally anyway, so that makes sense. Maybe we can use them as exposition, or to introduce new perspectives to the characters?
The "random missions" really ought to lead up to something. Little mysteries that reveal the nature of the world, so that the final outcome, with Ghostgirlfriend, or whatever the finale ends up being.

...What is this the story of?

[preedit]
I think we really really need to plan out the general arc of the story. I'm not very good at this either but I think it's integral to the success of the project that we start with hard milestones. We can freewrite and edit and change from there, sure. But we can not freewrite a whole story, especially when it is really seven or eight stories.
Yes. We need to plan at least this, if not everything, out.

Boss
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister Broadcast on Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:06 am

Perhaps this could help us out a bit, it's more for stories, but it can give us a good feel for the game and figure out where we want this whole thing to go:
The Story
The main idea: (Write here the basic idea of the story)
The main character: (Who's our main girl)
Her full name is:
His/her age:
Where the main character lives:  (Gives us an idea of the world this is based in)
Her hair is:
She is this tall:
What she looks like:  (Eventually we can draw it all out)
Who is in her family?:
What other people are in this story?:  (Basically the same questions as for the main girl, these can be made up as we go through the story)

I don't know if we need a lot of this second part, though it can be useful for each episode depending on how you're doing this.

The Plot
1. What is the big problem this person has?:  (What's the general arc, the main goal of the whole story)
2. Why does this problem matter?:  (Explain why it's such a big deal)
3. What will happen if the hero solves the problem?:  (How will it all end, big finale, yada, yada, yada)
4. What will happen if the hero does not solve the problem?:  (Gives the player a reason to do the very best they can)
5. What will be happening when the story starts?:  (How are we going to start the whole thing off? With her getting a job, or have some interesting intro to it?)
6. How will your hero find out about the problem?: (Don't necessarily need this right away, but if there is going to be some big thing in the main arc, how will it play out? )
7. List three things the hero will try to do to fix the problem. Write what he will do, what will go wrong, and how the hero will feel about this. The first two tries will not work. The last one will. (Sounds dumb, but it actually makes sense, don't really need this, there may just be one solution if there is a problem since there will be all of the little mini episodes and stuff)
8.Why will the last try work? How will your hero feel now? How will the story end?: (It actually helps to have the finale planned out before you start writing the whole thing since you don't have to worry about veering way off course while writing. You know where you start and where you will be ending so you know exactly what you have to do to get there.)

Ummmm, yeah, so this is what I use for planning out my works. I find that it actually helps out a lot. We don't have to use it, just thought I'd post it up in case it may help us get an idea for this whole thing. You know, put everyone on the right path.
Sinister Broadcast
Shade

Back to top Go down

Post by Truly_An_Cat on Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:50 pm

Sinister Broadcast wrote:
Perhaps this could help us out a bit, it's more for stories, but it can give us a good feel for the game and figure out where we want this whole thing to go:
The Story
The main idea: (Write here the basic idea of the story)
Need this ^, especially.

Sinister Broadcast wrote:The main character: (Who's our main girl)
Her full name is: Open ended, User input.
His/her age: Not specified, but second year highschool-senior high school, age, iirc
Where the main character lives:  (Gives us an idea of the world this is based in)Not specified, open ended by design-- unless you're looking for "the world she lives in," In which case, "one with ghosts."
Her hair is: Unspecified, see below.
She is this tall: Unspecified, see below.
What she looks like:  (Eventually we can draw it all out)Unspecified, probably left completely open ended unless we need a reason to give her a particular appearance. Unless we write in a lot of time spent looking in the mirror, we don't need this.
Who is in her family?:Might be specified, if it comes up at all in-story. But really, if nobody brings this up, why write it down? And if somebody does bring it up, make up an answer on the spot.
What other people are in this story?:  (Basically the same questions as for the main girl, these can be made up as we go through the story)I think we have a thread for this.
Not sure why the heading of these questions is "The Story" when it all has to do with protagonist, who is, most likely, generic in appearance for relatability's sake, and like to especially focus on "what she looks like". I'd be interested to see a story based on that.

The second part is the part we need.

Boss
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister Broadcast on Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:03 pm

I was just typing something quick in, put the "the story" heading since the first question is "the main idea". I wasn't sure about the second part since I didn't know if you guys had been planning on doing some big plot arc thing, or if it was just about her working at this agency.

Anyways, I guess that's the part we should focus on right now. Is there anything in particular that you see as being the main story for this? Like, you said that when ghosts get really emotional, they go all monster-like (you also mentioned a boss battle), so the whole story leads up to something like that.

I guess it all kind of depends on what kind of story you want this game to play out. Action, romance, thriller...etc...
Sinister Broadcast
Shade

Back to top Go down

Post by Truly_An_Cat on Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:52 pm

I think orginally the idea was to do branches that ranged between romance and horror-- hence "Date or Die"-- but in my head it's really become a drama and character study.
But that's because, in my head, the main story so far is focused on Blondie and GGF.

[EDIT]
While in reality, that is probably only one arc/branch.

Boss
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister Broadcast on Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:33 pm

So, you see the whole game more as the main character trying to mediate between the guy and the ghost girlfriend while working these jobs. The ending being the major melt down of their relationship which leads to a "boss battle" of sorts.
Sinister Broadcast
Shade

Back to top Go down

Post by Truly_An_Cat on Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:11 pm

More like, I see that being the main storyline. But that's also the storyline we've discussed the most, that I've thought about the most.

I think this conflict, and the outcomes that arise from Protagonist's meddling, could hold a short story, no problem.
But it doesn't have to be-- in fact, probably shouldn't be-- the only story going on, the only story available.
I had a concept of a secret "Affair" between the Boss and one of the other workers, we had ideas for including a school-chum character into the mix (and showing that the character and the Agency don't exist in the vacuum of space), and I don't fully know what else Itchi has on her brain.

Boss
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Itchigotchi on Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:48 am

The Story
The main idea: Protagonist gets a part time job at a supernatural matchmaking agency- they help the spirits become at peace by helping them find their soul mates. Through the first half of the game, lots of smaller fun missions and scenarios get played out where you help ghosts get matchmade, or make friends with co-workers. The second half of the game begins to get more serious, as the ghosts begin to 'turn', and awful things happen in the office as well as in personal relationships, depending on how you handled things in the first half of the game.
The question is, Will you date, or will you die?

The Plot
1. What is the big problem this person has?:  Whoever protag becomes close to inevitably becomes caught in a ghostly disaster, yet each type of disaster is different for each character.
2. Why does this problem matter?:   The problem matters because it will always involve the people she is closest to, or, protag herself.
3. What will happen if the hero solves the problem?:  If protag can successfully navigate each characters storyline problems, there will probably be less death and depression. The nature of a happy ending, however, is quite variable.
4. What will happen if the hero does not solve the problem?:  In making the choices which exacerbate other characters problems, or not considering them, these characters will delve into further strife. There is no such thing as 'not solving the problem' however, because perhaps there is not a complete solution at all- you can't please all of the people all of the time.
5. What will be happening when the story starts?:  The story begins with a title screen, and will probably have to include some explanation of how the mechanics of the game work (ie. how to save, load, interact with the world & choices) unless you guys don't think this is obvious. An extremely brief description of protag should ensue, explaining that she is looking for a job, and immediately introducing the GHOST agency interview and characters.
6. How will your hero find out about the problem?: In Blondie and Ghostgirls arcs, we find out about the emotional problems through snippets of overheard conversation between the two, and getting to know them both one on one ((ie. more likely to be emotional negotiation routes)). In Charlie and the Boss's arc, we find out about the problem in a more straightforward way, as they present larger and larger technical problems ((ie. more likely to be boss battle routes)). In Freyas arc, we find out about the problem through introduction of school and past friendships as a pressure protag is neglecting ((A combination of the two)).
7. List three things the hero will try to do to fix the problem. Write what he will do, what will go wrong, and how the hero will feel about this. The first two tries will not work. The last one will. ....wow this is a big chunk to write. um.
Protag is likely to avoid the problem at first, due to their jerkish nature. Allowing the situations to continue only causes them to become more extreme, which at some point is going to emotionally or physically affect protag, so they feel the need to become involved. The options of conflict resolution from here are thematically dichotomous- ones preserving self or others, choosing between ghost or human, going with your heart or going with your mind. Each of these choices, regardless, is going to initially fail because the problems are more complex than one single choice. However, the the protag is now emotionally/physically invested in the storyline because their choices are, or, make them feel, responsible for the outcome.
The final choices may not result in happy endings for everyone, but, they will be sincere efforts to preserve something under threat from the point of view of someone who values ghosts/humans/hearts/logic/self (as the player will have determined where their loyalties lie throughout the earlier bits of gameplay).

8.Why will the last try work? How will your hero feel now? How will the story end?: Okay, so the finales. First option is if you keep choosing the same values the whole time, second option is if you screw up the final decision and vote the other way.
Self as most important- protag lives or protag dies. Who really cares about anyone else anyway. They probably all meet disaster.
Friends as most important- Freya lives & dates (you?) or dies, a result of severe depression/suicide
Ghosts as most- You kill Blondie and he dates ghost, OR you hesitate about if ghosts are most, she turns and haunts, then protag/depression/suicide
Humans as most- Blondie lives and gg turns but is defeated, OR you hesitate about whether to kill her, so blondie dies in order to save you/everyone
Follow your heart- The boss dies, but you and Charlie live OR You don't follow your heart, but follow Charlies lead, and you both die together
Follow your mind- You and the boss live, but Charlie dies OR You follow your heart at the last moment, and let Charlie and the boss survive, but You die

How did I go? o3o
Itchigotchi
Boss
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Truly_An_Cat on Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:45 pm

From the bottom up:
It looks like whoever you get involved in is most likely to die... If you definitely want to save Freya, don't choose her story arc.
I question the practicality of switching gears like that, though. It seems that (some of) the problems should be introduced early on, or at least foreshadowed-- Blondie is avoiding GGF, Freya is ... doing something related to her arc, etc. Each mission should teach you about ghosts, or bring a revelation about a coworker, or point you down the path of the Heart or the Mind or something. But it shouldn't be a huge block of Ghost Dating, then suddenly something completely different.

Also not sure Protagonist should always start by not getting involved-- should have that option, and maybe it's forced in a couple of scenarios, but she can learn something by picking around earlier, or she can skip it.

Is Charlie a possible love interest? I never saw him as one-- In my mind, he was the late-twenties, already happy in a relationship, coworker, but you made him younger and sort of adorable. I pictured Blondie as the primary love interest, and everybody else as kind of joke love interests.

Do we have a handle on Freya's conflict/storyarc? Do we have a handle on Charlie's? These paths-- of Heart, Mind, Self, etc-- are they particularly tied to any arc, or are these just examples?

((Also, I think that, if choices are going to be thematically dichotomous, it should be the choices given during the Ghost Dating-- what you choose to do with clients will affect your overall story path, what you do with people will affect what you learn about them. Or maybe there are no hard and fast rules, and everything could apply anywhere.))

What causes "ghosts to start to turn"? With GGF, it's very clear that she's unhappy in her relationship. But why would ghosts, on the whole, start to become poltergeists and shades?

Boss
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Itchigotchi on Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:39 pm

(From the top down)
The point about getting involved with people is that you actually care about their outcome.
Like, sure, if you wanted to save Freya, don't choose her route, but then, you know, she becomes a background character and basically slips out of the story.
You know how in Hatoful boyfriend, if you choose to pursue Oko Sans route, the rest of the story is about his quest for pudding, and not about the germ warfare/people dying/spies at all? Its because the story becomes about him, in that route, whether for good or bad. In the other story routes he might make an appearance, but its a different story and he's not a main character. Thats kinda what I was thinking to do with these different ending routes.

Yeah, of course some of the problems should be foreshadowed- and they will be, in the first half of the game! Regardless of what track you end up on, in the first half you're going to see blondie and ghost bickering, you're going to meet freya and know shes your school friend, you're going to get some information about the nature of ghost dispersal from charlie and the boss.
Yeah, okay, so when we reach some explanation monologues about things, the protag will have the option to skip it/dismiss it- this is good actually, because it means replayers won't get frustrated by being bombarded with the same information. But dialogue skipping will generally decrease likelihood of being put on the path of whoever was talking? Or should it have no penalty at all? And then the flipside of this would be to ask more about what they were saying.

Well, seeing as I didn't know much about blondie when I made up Charlie, I guess I didn't realize he was meant to be a joke? >.< I mean, even if someone is in a happy relationship, shit can go down, and its not completely unheard of for late teens to date people in their 20's? But bleh. I sortof mean for it to be that you can get like, emotionally attached to him, but most of the outcomes might not actually involve dating. I mean, the way I have it up there, 1/4 involved you dating him, 1/4 involves him dating with the boss, and 1/2 end in his death. So its half dates half deaths, technically? heheheh.
If you've got some other suggestion, go ahead and make it?

Eh I was using the heart/mind as analogous to charlies outlook as mind/strategist/internal deliberation, boss's approach to things as heart/gut/instinct, and as you choose themes which match one or the other more, you obviously agree and become closer.

I honestly don't have a great handle on Freyas story arc, nor do I have a handle on the story arc if the protag just says 'fuck you guys I'm going home'. I guess if protag ignores everyone, then you've got some internal self actualization battle to deal with at the end when you hear about stuff going to shit? gawdddd I don't know.

I like your ideas about the choices in ghost dating influencing story arc and what you do with people influencing what you learn about them (but the way this seems to be headed, what you do with people also would influenced the story arc because the stories are so personally focused, right? And their reactions to choices in ghost dating is going to reveal stuff about them, so it goes the other way, too).

hmhmhmmmmm
okay, ghosts turning, well, like, in my head, its not exactly a switch that gets flicked on when a time limit runs out. Or if it is, its different for every ghost and people haven't exactly figured that out yet. Its sortof a gradual descent into despair? I mean how would you feel being trapped somewhere unrestful, unable to really do anything but think and wait?
'Turned' would just be a term humans use for a ghost with a negative influence- like how we have categories for relationships but in reality its different for everyone. But its basically that they're gone off, like seafood in the sun xD
What defines a 'weed'? its a plant we don't want growing there. For whatever reason.
What defines a 'pest'? its an animal we don't want living there. For whatever reason.
What defines a ghost as 'turned'? its a ghost we don't want around anymore. For whatever reason- and usually because they're doing some damage, similar to weeds and pests.
Have you ever been around someone that just makes you feel like hitting your head against a brick wall to get them to shut up? Or someone that just makes you unjustifiably angry by their mannerisms and mood, without even saying anything? In this universe, humans are probably not meant to be exposed to ghosts for a long time, so they begin to get physical reactions of fight/flight/freeze. Due to the fact that we don't particularly care about something until it affects us, humans don't care about ghosts until they are causing this, then they become a problem, then they are classified as 'turned'
Itchigotchi
Boss
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Itchigotchi on Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:04 am

OKAY HERE GOES MY ATTEMPT
I apologize about the endings being so condensed and crap.
I'm not entirely sure how the endings are going to unfold, but I figure once we've actually gotten there with character dialogue, its going to be more obvious how they will react to things.

GHOST OUTLINE

-PART ONE-
01. Getting hired (wherein she gets hired at GHOST as the secretary)
- Introduce the main character and her ability to see ghosts
- Her need for a job
- Introduce the GHOAT agency, lol
- Meeting the boss
- Meeting workmate 1 (Charlie?)
- Meeting Blondie
- Meeting ghostgirlfriend

02. First day (wherein she learns more about ghosts, and plays matchmaker)
- Introduce more about the agency and a bit of ghostlore
- Choice about whether to go out in the field or stay in the office?
02.a Going out into the field
- Meet (Major) and watch Blondie try to deal with him
- Ghostgirlfriend shows up, Blondie gets preoccupied
- Protag is thrown into the deep end to help the ghost move on (Sookie/Stuart)
- Ensuing dialogue has choices but the same outcome, success
- Talk to Blondie more about ghost matching
02.b Staying in the office
- Meet (Oxana) and watch Charlie deal with her
- Boss calls Charlie about something important, Charlie gets preoccupied
- Protag is thrown into the deep end to help the ghost move on while he's on the phone (Xavier/Van)
- Ensuing dialogue has choices but the same outcome, success
- Talk to Charlie a bit more about ghost matching

03. That afternoon (in which we learn more about the other characters relationships)
- Talk to the boss about success, re-confirm working there, as a bit more than secretary?
- Ghost girlfriend and blondie are happy with each other again
- Choice about whether to head home or go out?
03.a Going out
- Bar/Park
- Meet Blondie who is out at a bar/ GGF who is chillin’ at a park
- Blondies opinion on Charlie, boss, GGF/ GGFs opinion on Charlie, boss, Blondie
03.b Heading home
- Walk/Try to get a lift
- Charlie walks with you/ Boss drives you
- Charlies opinion on Blondie,boss, GGF/ Boss’s opinion on Charlie, Blondie, GGF

04. Over the next week (in which we choose between work or school friends)
- General office tasks of boredom, how the protag settles in
- Mention of school friend, music festival that weekend
- Choice to go with her, or work that day
04.a Go with her
- Restore the relationship with her
- She asks about the people you work with ooo gossip
- Blondie is at the music festival on a mission WOW SURPRISE DEAD ROCKSTAR GHOST
- Bump into Blondie there, get dragged into doing work stuff
- Freya helps you think of another dead rockstar for the ghost to date
04.b Go to work
- She gets annoyed at you
- Protag seems gloomy but workmates cheer you up
- Blondie is having trouble with a mission WOW SURPRISE ITS AT THE CONCERT
- Bump into your friend there, drag her into helping you sneak in
- You get the idea of ghost groupies for the ghost rockstar

05. The wider world (In which we learn about GHOST organizations, and plotlines begin to diverge)
- Regular work day, but Charlie and Blondie seem more dishevelled than usual.
05.a Talk to Charlie
-He mentions something about a potential transfer for someone
- You go out with him on a mission to try to find out more
- The ghost turns out not to want dating to move on, but something else
- You learn more about ghost dating organizations in the wider world
05.b Talk to Blondie
- He mentions vague things about feeling shitty
- You go out with him on a mission to try to find out more
- The ghost gets paired up very easily
- Blondie and Protag discuss whether it even matters who ghosts end up with

06. A scene at school
- A bunch of depressed students outside the councellors office, including Freya
- Protag notices a few ghosts hanging around that she’s never seen before
06.a Ask the boss
- The boss tells protag some facts about what happens when ghosts ‘turn’
- Protag suggests something is up with the school, the boss feels like going out into the field
- There is a haunting going on there after all- Cue another ghost matchmaking scenario
- Freya and the other students seem to recover over the next few weeks, and Protag is once again reaffirmed to stick with the agency
06.b Ask GGF
- GGF gives emotional based answers about ghosts and turning, expressing her own fears
- Protag asks her to come out from the kitchen to check out the school
- There is a haunting going on there after all- Cue another ghost matchmaking scenario
- Freya and the other students seem to recover over the next few weeks, and Protag is once again reaffirmed to stick with the agency
06.c Fuck the school (if you’ve also chosen 04.b, and didn’t go out with Freya, you have this option)
- You don’t ask anyone about anything, who cares, its their problem
- Over the next few weeks, you become detached and distant
- Freya commits suicide
- Ending depression monologue, Protag stops giving a damn about going to work or school
- Ending into blankness/questions of sanity/protag questioning the point of life

-PART TWO-
Ugh this is hard, okayyyy I’m really bad at conclusions.

Blondie and GGFs ‘character growth’ story route- 02.a, 03.a, 05.b, 06.b
- Go on a few more matching missions with Blondie or alone
- These choices will determine if you empathise with GGF or Blondie more
- Watch as his relationship crumbles a bit, his personality becomes less bright, and GGF gets more difficult and moody
- Scenarios with one on one discussions with each of them, offering options to console, agree, or remain on nobodys side
- You either take his side in the argument, tell him he doesn't need to be with her, he can do better, he should do what he wants, and exacerbate GGF's condition. Or you can take her side in the argument, tell him he really should be a better boyfriend, etc-- and end up leaving him despondent (which surely has an effect on GGF: she may feel depression, guilt, or even anger at Protagonist, if she blames her for putting Blondie in his state)
- The boss leaves, and Charlie is the new overseer of operations for the time being
- GGFs name comes up in the office schedule, as its high time she got paired and moved on
- Well shit, what do you do now? Does Blondie die to be with her? Will you kill him, or he kill himself? Can we match her up with any old ghost? Will that fail, and she’ll turn monsterly, and have to be destroyed via another method? Will her turning cause other peoples deaths????

Boss and Charlies ‘character growth’ story route- 02.b, 03.b, 05.a, 06.a
- Go on a few more matching missions with Charlie or alone
- These choices will determine your confidence in Charlie or the Boss’s methods
- Find out about the transfer, the boss has been requested to move, and Charlie be promoted
- You either take the point of view that the boss should move on, encourage her to move away and Charlie to let her go, follow the rules and the reccomendations, OR try to get the boss to stay, by trying to show her how needed she is, and getting Charlie to make her stay as well by undermining his confidence to lead, taking the more emotional route.
- GGF turns, and Blondie is nowhere to be found
- The boss sticks around for sorting out this last mess, at least
- Well, what do you do now? Does Charlie take the lead? Does he over calculate everything and screw it up? Does it work, and his success shows Boss she’s truly not needed? Does the boss take over again and take charge, making Charlie feel he can’t truly run the company without her? Do they band together with Love and Understanding, openly showing their relationship to defeat her with words of Truth and Light? Does the whole fight end in a massive leadership mess which ultimately causes death????

IF EQUAL-
Freyas route- 04.a
- A few more ghost dating scenarios
- The boss is transferred and leaves, GGF turns, the aftermath has the company collapsing and another agency takes over its job.
- This route we learn more about the other side of Protags and Freyas life, friends, school, family situations, their future plans, their hopes and dreams etc. We find that Protag has been strongly influenced by her time at GHOST
- Will she continue on the career as a ghost matchmaker, or start her own agency? Does she keep in touch with everybody? Does she wish to forget everything about that job because it went so wrong? Possibly you date Freya?
Itchigotchi
Boss
Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top